Translate

Monday 17 December 2012

Hauntingly beautiful music of the fair folk

Just a short post today. This music has been running though my head all day long. Such melancholic beauty in it. The music is from a scene in the extended version of "The Fellowship of the Ring" when Frodo and Sam watch a troop of wood elves passing towards the Grey Havens.......leaving Middle Earth. In the scene Sam says "I don't know why, but it makes me sad"......


It is said that Tolkien in part based his elveson the Sidhe of Celtic mythology. I shall look in depth at both races in future posts. Just as Tolkien's Middle Earth is spiritually poorer for the departure of the Elves, so is ours poorer for its lost connections with the likes of the Sidhe and the Tuatha de Danaan of old.

Until next time my dear friends- Blessed Be )O(

No comments:

Post a Comment